Compliance Testing Group, Securities Division - Macro & Credit Sales and Trading Forensic Testing Team, Associate/Vice President
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and other major financial centers around the world.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is a self-starter who exudes energy, curiosity, and enthusiasm to join the firm’s Compliance Testing Group to conduct forensic reviews of the Securities Division’s Credit and Macro Trading Desks, including Foreign Exchange, Interest Rates, and Commodities. In performing these reviews, the individual will use advanced testing techniques to check compliance with policies and regulations and the firm’s compliance control infrastructure. This individual should be comfortable handling multiple projects and having daily interactions with senior members of the businesses, including sales and trading employees, strategists, market risk professionals, product controllers, and technologists.
CTG’s Macro & Credit Sales and Trading Forensic Testing Team has a global reach and is comprised of seasoned individuals with varying backgrounds and experience (including former traders, brokers, auditors, accountants, regulators, prosecutors, compliance professionals, lawyers, and product controllers), located in New York, Salt Lake City, London, Tokyo, Singapore, and Hong Kong. The team works with stakeholders in Compliance and business management to obtain consensus and implement corrective actions focused on the following key risks: market manipulation, collusion and front-running.
The principal objective of the Compliance Testing Group is to create and execute detailed compliance reviews testing to assess compliance with regulations and firm policies. The individual will work closely with Compliance and business management, and gain an excellent understanding of both the firm’s businesses and the rules and regulations under which the firm operates.
- Propose methods of testing and execute plans discussed and agreed with a team leader
- Gather data, perform analyses, and document results
- Identify potential compliance and reputational risks, and effectively escalate to appropriate individuals
- Multi-task – have the ability to work on several different reviews with different individuals at the same time
- Leverage strong communication skills to interact with Compliance and business senior management
- Team with colleagues around the globe to share findings and refine processes
- Meet tight deadlines
Basic Qualifications• Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of financial products, markets, and regulatory policies
- Knowledge of the securities business and sales practices
- Excellent interview, presentation, and written communication skills
- Integrity, motivation, intellectual curiosity, and enthusiasm
- Excellent time management and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is a must, and knowledge of Access and PowerPoint is useful
Preferred Qualifications• Deep understanding of the products offered by the Foreign Exchange, Interest Rates, Commodities or Credit Markets trading desks
- Auditing, testing, regulatory/law enforcement or trading experience
- Experience in the financial services industry, either working for another broker dealer, law firm, big 4 firm or regulator
- Financial instruments product knowledge (a Financial Engineering qualification, CFA, PRMIA or FRM qualifications would be useful)
- Understanding of information technology systems and standard system implementation methodologies a plus
- Fluency in English language, both orally and in writing
- Fluency in French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, or Mandarin Chinese a plus
- Understanding of accounting
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top