Compliance Testing Group, Investigations, Analyst/Associate - Warsaw
- Warsaw, Poland
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Salt Lake City, Singapore, Bengaluru, Warsaw, and other major financial centers around the world.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our Compliance professionals the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside of the office.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is a self-starter who exudes energy, curiosity, and enthusiasm to join the firm's Compliance Testing Group to conduct forensic investigations covering the various firm businesses and divisions. In performing these investigations, the individual will check employees' compliance with regulations and the firm's policies, procedures, and compliance control infrastructure. In addition, the individual will also be checking the effectiveness and robustness of the firms control infrastructure. This individual should be comfortable handling multiple projects and having daily interactions with senior members of the businesses and other Federation Divisions, including, among others, portfolio managers, private wealth managers, traders, sales employees, investment bankers, research analysts, and technologists.
The Compliance Testing Group has a global reach and is comprised of experienced individuals with varying backgrounds and qualifications (including former traders, brokers, auditors, accountants, regulators, prosecutors, compliance professionals, lawyers, and product controllers), located in New York, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Salt Lake City, Singapore, Bengaluru, and Warsaw. The individual will work closely with Compliance and business management, and gain an excellent understanding of both the firm's businesses and the rules and regulations under which the firm operates.
- Propose methods of investigation and execute plans discussed and agreed with a team leader
- Gather data, perform analyses, and document results
- Identify potential compliance, conduct and reputational risks, and effectively escalate to appropriate individuals
- Multi-task - have the ability to work on several different investigations with different individuals at the same time
- Leverage strong communication skills to interact with Compliance and business senior management
- Work with stakeholders to implement action plans to mitigate and address compliance risks
- Meet tight deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree
- Broad knowledge of financial products, markets, and European laws and regulations, in particular FCA and BaFin rules
- Excellent written English skills, with ability to describe complex issues in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent interview, presentation, communication, time management, and analytical skills
- Integrity, motivation, intellectual curiosity, and enthusiasm
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Fluency in English
- Compliance, auditing, testing, legal, or regulatory/law enforcement experience
- Experience in the financial services industry, either working for an investment manager, broker dealer, law firm, accounting or Big 4 financial services advisory firm, or a national regulator
- Fluency in other non-English languages beneficial
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top