Compliance - Surveillance Analytics Group - Analyst/ Associate - Bengaluru
Team Description Surveillance Analytics serve as quantitative experts working on large scale data of the firm. We are Computer Scientists, data modelers and financial engineers who design and implement risk-based surveillances models. These surveillance models are for Compliance issues such as detecting suspicious patterns in order flows in electronic markets and low latency environments, insider trading, fraud detection and manipulation by systematic review of structured and unstructured data at large scale. The team works with Compliance officers across all divisions of the firm, Compliance Senior Management, Business and Technology organizations. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL The Surveillance Analytics Group, within the Global Compliance division, is responsible for:
- Designing and developing complex surveillances with a strong emphasis on analytical models
- Monitoring the efficiency and effectiveness of surveillance controls that have been implemented throughout the Global Compliance division
- Leading Global Compliance initiatives focused on business process re-engineering
With the Group, you will be working on cutting edge problems in machine learning, and distributed computing paradigms.
The problems that we work on extend across big data - implementation stack to Analytics-at-scale. While not limited to, our analytical models rely heavily on
- Bayesian inference,
- Time series and behavior modeling,
- Link and graph analysis,
- Text mining and NLP.
- Stochastic math
Our compute environment is also massive, set up on a HADOOP cluster, and we frequently get into
- Building custom YARN apps
- Writing raw Mapreduce and Spark jobs
- Designing Hbase and other big data stores
- Architecting and building large scale systems
- Writing highly optimized and scalable production jobs
- Outstanding client service experience
Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given all the tools to help you develop. At Goldman Sachs, you will have access to excellent training programmes designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio. Our in-house training programme, Goldman Sachs University offers a comprehensive series of courses that you will have access to as your career progresses. Goldman Sachs University has an impressive catalogue of courses which span technical, business and leadership skills training. We value internal mobility. The chance to take on new challenges in the firm over time will ensure that you remain stimulated and will help in your continued professional and personal development.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- The role requires an advanced degree (Masters/ PhD strongly preferred) in a computational field (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or related quantitative disciplines)
- Strong in algorithms and programming ( Java, C++, Python, Matlab, R etc.)
- Experience with handling large data sets & building systems
- Minimum three years working experience in an analytical or a technical role
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Willingness to adapt in a fast-paced work environment; strong sense of urgency
- Strong work ethic
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top