Compliance - Strats Compliance - Electronic Trading Software Controls - Analyst - Bengaluru
Strats Compliance is a niche team of professionals in Bengaluru and New York within the Electronic Trading Compliance Group that plays a central role in Compliance Division's strategy and is responsible for helping the Firm to manage its regulatory, operational and reputational risk related to electronic trading activities. This is a global team that works across U.S., EMEA, and Asia and covers all electronic trading products in the Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Forex and Futures markets.
This role provides broad exposure to individuals across products, market structures across the globe, various algorithmic trading strategies and technology systems. The team does in-depth analysis of order flows across different types of activities, such as market making, risk facilitation and agency trading. The role challenges the individuals to become subject matter expert in the electronic markets, understand trading software stack, understand business and regulatory concerns and devise automated control mechanisms to improve our control structure.
This individual's responsibilities will include
- Understanding software components of different trading systems written in Java/C++
- Understanding business context and trading activity profile (e.g., securities traded, order types, market rules, regulations)
- Evaluating control algorithm design and effectiveness through reviewing the software code
- Evaluating design of regression tests, devising scenarios to evaluate a range of conditions, including extreme market movements and boundary cases
- Provide thought leadership to review, analyze impact of and implement controls for new electronic trading regulatory requirements
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor or Masters in computer science, technology or related field. Also open to those with relevant technical experience
- 2+ years of experience in code development
- Knowledge of C++/Java
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to multitask
- Experience in algorithmic trading technology
- Experience in functional testing
- General understanding of a wide range of financial products
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top