Compliance, Regulatory Reporting Group, Analyst - Jersey City
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
The Regulatory Reporting Group, part of Global Compliance, is primarily responsible for helping to reduce the firm’s regulatory and reputational risk relating to the firm’s beneficial ownership of equity securities and certain business activity reporting in the Americas. The team focuses on managing the firm’s equity holdings in connection with various regulatory thresholds; reporting of certain business activities including as broker-dealer, swap dealer or Futures Commission Merchant; working with Legal, Divisional Compliance and the securities business on matters relating to regulatory restrictions.
The team is located in the Jersey City office, with a presence in the Salt Lake City office.
An analyst opportunity exists within the team. The analyst will work closely with traders and portfolio managers, providing approvals in a fast paced environment. They will conduct analyses on companies to determine the applicable regulatory threshold.
Working across information barriers and global trading desks they will obtain a good understanding of the firm’s various businesses. They will also liaise with Legal and Divisional Compliance to discuss regulatory requirements.
- Provide trade approvals to trading desks and portfolio managers
- Maintain trading restrictions
- Liaise with Legal and Divisional Compliance in connection with regulatory thresholds
- Work with Regulatory Operations on position monitoring and various aggregation systems
- Assist in providing periodic training to the business and Divisional Compliance
Basic Qualifications•Undergraduate degree
- Possess a general understanding of the current regulatory environment and financial markets
- Detailed-oriented, and with a strong commitment to excellence
- Work independently and exercise sound and balanced judgement
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top