Compliance - Regulatory Practice Group - Associate/Vice President, Bengaluru
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
Compliance is responsible for developing policies and procedures, surveillance, training, providing advice on anticipated and existing regulations and monitoring employee, client and firm activities. Compliance enables the firm to conduct business with confidence in extremely complex global markets. Bengaluru is an integral part of the Goldman Sachs global footprint that works seamlessly as a full and equal partner with Federation and Revenue areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading, and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Increased depths in capabilities and functional expertise have resulted in the creation of centers of excellence that drive many critical businesses around the globe. The Compliance Division has established a dynamic team of professionals in Bangalore. The Bengaluru team plays a central role in the division's global strategy to provide solutions to the firm's traditional business and growth market strategy. We work alongside functional counterparts in many global offices to implement the firm's regulatory and reputational risk management program.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Grasp business, compliance and regulatory rules and policies
- Perform and prepare reports relating to surveillances including but not limited to holdings, positions, personal account trading, restricted trading
- Take ownership and provide feedback on reports, creating checklists and resolving exceptions
- Provide guidance to internal clients on appropriate interpretation and application of policies/procedures
- Escalate situations, as appropriate, to relevant divisional compliance officers and business unit managers
- Assist regional compliance in ongoing projects, responding to changes in the firm's businesses and changes in regulation
- Execute and manage global ad-hoc projects based on compliance or business requirements that helps in enhancing the compliance of the firm
- Taking ownership of processes and controls within the team, driving the development of methods to improve processes and / or controls to ensure that these are efficient, effective and relevant
- Seeking and implementing automated solutions (for manual processes and anticipated future requirements), which will involve providing direction and requirements to Technology as well as acting in partnership with Technology
- Leverage strong communication and relationship-building skills in frequent interaction with other areas of the firm and professionals across the globe
- Identify and effectively escalate potential issues to the appropriate person/s
- Communicate findings to compliance colleagues and suggest potential corrective actions to address issues
- Complying with internal controls, policies and procedures and regularly reviewing and updating procedures and training documentation
- Strong communications skills; oral, written and interpretive -must be able to comprehend what is said/written and ask probing questions
- Attention to detail and strong follow-up skills
- Ability to forge strong relationships with colleagues and clients
- Possess a general understanding of the current regulatory environment and financial markets and/or securities regulation and rules
- Strong analytical and risk assessment skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work under pressure
- Proactive, self motivated and organized
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast paced-environment
- Good judgment -know when and how to escalate issues
- Inquisitive and investigative skills
- Basic understanding of the fundamentals of the financial industry
- Experience in financial, legal, accounting or regulatory areas is preferred
- Computer skills:
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Visual Basic for Applications programming is a desired but not required skill set. Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top