Compliance, PWM Compliance, Associate/VP
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Goldman Sachs Global Compliance is dedicated to protecting the reputation of the firm, managing risk and helping to advance the business of the firm. From global financial centers to important developing markets, Global Compliance professionals interpret and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and determine how the firm can appropriately pursue global market opportunities. Global Compliance is organized broadly into divisional compliance groups and centralized compliance groups. This position sits in divisional compliance, supporting the Private Wealth Management ("PWM") Business.
Private Wealth Management Compliance is seeking an Associate/Vice President to join our team based in Salt Lake City. As part of this team, the primary responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing marketing materials that are used to pitch Private Wealth Management products and services to clients
- Develop supervisory reports and manage global quarterly supervisory meeting processes
- Draft, implement and advise on policies, procedures and best practices for PWM
- Participating in US PWM and Global Compliance projects and initiatives
- Analyze and stay current on regulatory changes, trends and enforcement actions to assess the impact to PWM and identify potential gaps
- Interact with the global PWM business and compliance teams on a daily basis
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree in relevant field (e.g., J.D., LL.M., M.B.A.) is a plus but not required
- At least five years of work experience as a compliance officer or in a risk management role focused on regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of regulations, practices and markets infrastructure in the U.S., including an understanding of key U.S. regulations (e.g., SEC, FINRA, CFTC, FRB) preferred
A strong candidate for Private Wealth Management Compliance will possess the following skills:
- Organized with the ability to manage both longer term projects and daily, often time-sensitive, escalations
- Be able to devise and implement creative and innovative solutions.
- Clear, concise communications skills; able to communicate with impact at senior levels
- Able and willing to challenge; comfortable with inter-personal conflict; able to build strong professional rapport with stakeholders while maintaining independence as a risk manager
- Work independently. Exercise sound judgment, ethics and integrity
- Fast learner; able to adapt to business and regulatory changes; interest to challenge status quo and find new solutions
- Proficient in using technology; able to analyze data sets and summarize findings; comfortable learning new technologies, both as a user and to identify risks
- Team-oriented and supportive of others' success; comfortable representing a team work product to stakeholders
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top