Compliance, Private Wealth Management, EMEA Market Solutions Group, Analyst/Associate, London
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
EMEA MSG Compliance is part of the Global PWM Compliance team, the role is based in London and will have a particular focus on capital markets and complex products offering (including derivatives, structured products, new issues securities, centrally managed strategies). Responsibilities will include providing product related compliance advice, project management, updating policies, monitoring, thematic compliance reviews and product/trade approvals.
- Maintain/draft/update MSG policies, procedures, desk manuals, supervisory manuals
- Assist with MSG compliance related projects, and managing implementation.
- Conduct MSG Forensic review program
- Coordinate Supervisory Reporting to Desk Heads
- Coordinate Desk Reviews
- Providing Compliance input in product design and approvals
- Conduct trading and suitability surveillance
- Provide Compliance representation in Divisional Committees, such as Order Execution Review Committee
- Providing review and sign-off of marketing materials prepared for distribution to clients / prospects
- Reviewing and approving client account and trade activity from a suitability perspective
- Providing support for / responding to general compliance-related queries
- Impact analysis and implementation of regulatory changes affecting the PWM business
- Develop and deliver training for business personnel
- University degree and/or professional compliance / financial services qualification
- 1+ year compliance or other relevant financial services experience.
- Private wealth management / product compliance experience an advantage.
- Knowledge of EMEA regulatory environment
- Any knowledge of international regulatory regimes an advantage
- Product knowledge and trading strategies used by PWM, e.g. structured products, alternative investments, derivatives
- Good interpersonal skills and effective written/oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top