Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Are you passionate about digital consumer banking? We're looking for a Vice President to join our consumer banking compliance team. You will focus on developing the requirements and compliance management system for consumer banking products.
Our consumer banking compliance team partners with all functional areas of the Digital Finance business to advise on business strategy, develop compliant processes within the business, implement compliance processes, systems, and digital tools for identifying, measuring, and mitigating risk and report on the status of such risk. From day one you will be involved in building this new business for the Firm.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Advise cross-functional teams on requirements in connection with development of consumer banking programs and operations
- Support strategic adaptation of the Firm's compliance program for consumer banking operations
- Develop data analytics and reporting techniques for monitoring effectiveness of compliance
- Deploy technology to facilitate monitoring and reporting of compliance risk
- Provide training on applicable compliance requirements
- Coordinate activities of cross-functional control function teams to address product - related risks (e.g., fair lending, privacy, complaint handling, BSA/AML, etc.)
- Present on compliance program to senior management, committees and regulators
- 10+ years of compliance, operations, or legal experience in financial services
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent military experience
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state consumer lending laws and regulations as well as industry association standards, including, among others, Truth in Lending Act (Reg Z), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Reg B), Fair Credit Reporting Act (Reg V), UDAAP, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (Reg P), the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, PCI requirements and NACHA Rules
- Must be self-directed, organized, positive, driven, detail - oriented, and effective in a fast-paced , changing environment
- MBA or JD a plus
- Operational knowledge of consumer banking industry and products
- Strong understanding of digital and retail focused businesses
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to deepen relationships and build partnerships across the business and key functional support areas like Internal Audit, Legal, Technology, and Risk.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top