Compliance - Market Surveillance Group - Associate- Bengaluru
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Review and analyze trading alerts generated from automated surveillances, focusing on potential violations of firm trading policies, insider trading, and market manipulation scenarios.
• Investigate potential trading issues flagged by the business units, such as the Securities Division and Investment Banking.
• Research market-moving events and create market color, conduct an analysis of the trading in the context of this market color, develop and support a recommendation.
• Liaise with the Compliance Surveillance Analytics Group and Compliance Information Technology in the development, review, and testing of new automated surveillance models and output.
• Coordinate with the Anti-Money Laundering Group globally on trading-related investigations and potential escalations.
• Pursue ad-hoc projects related to trading around market-moving news events such as merger & acquisition announcements, offerings, corporate accounting scandals, etc.
• Participate and potentially lead working groups that focus on enhancing controls/quality of the trade surveillance program.
• Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills (Pivot tables, VLookup, experience with large data sets, proficient in data manipulation and presentation).
• Proficiency with Bloomberg, Reuters and other market data tools and aptitude for research. Interest in capital markets, current events, and financial news.
• Ability to identify and explain basic trading strategies.
• Experience/working knowledge of fixed-income securities, equity options and other derivatives such as CDSs and CFDs.
• Strong communicator, comfortable developing a recommendation and supporting it by presenting an explaining analysis.
• Team player with great attitude and work ethic.
• Ability to multi-task on several different assignments/projects.
• Interest in working on a global team dealing with global businesses.
• Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) or Series 7/63 preferred.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top