Compliance, GSBZ Financial Crime Compliance, Analyst, Zurich
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
The Financial Crime Compliance Group is seeking an analyst/associate and offers the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects and tasks. In this role, the analyst/associate will gain an overall understanding of financial crime compliance while developing functional skills relating to surveillance reviews and compliance research. The analyst/associate will work closely with compliance, operations, technology and business personnel, and would be expected to quickly gain an understanding of the firm's businesses and the rules and regulations under which the firm operates. The ideal candidate would have strong analytical skills, the ability to adapt quickly to new environments and the ability to collaborate with others.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Conduct enhanced due diligence reviews of high risk clients and prospective clients to identify potential legal, regulatory or reputational risk. Due diligence can include independent media and public records research, the use of various vendor due diligence tools and public databases and the review of due diligence reports.
- Perform investigations of potentially suspicious activity. The investigative process can include reviewing account activity, trade and payment records, public records, including regulatory filings and financial reports, and coordinating with compliance and business representatives to fully understand and document unusual and potentially suspicious activity.
- Review, investigate and resolve transaction surveillance, sanctions screening and negative media surveillance alerts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, well-organized and detail oriented
- Strong analytics and risk assessment skills
- Ability to prioritize work flows and ensure deadlines are met
- Prior AML or Compliance experience is a bonus
- Brokerage experience with knowledge of the securities industry and products is a bonus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top