Compliance, GS Select Compliance Officer, Vice President
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. ("the firm") is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
WHO WE ARE
Goldman Sachs Bank USA ("GS Bank" or "the Bank") is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the firm.
GS Bank engages in transactions with individuals, corporations, financial institutions, investment funds, and governments. The Bank is headquartered in New York with branch and/or representative offices in the United States and London.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
GS Bank Compliance, an independent control group within the firm's Global Compliance Department, provides compliance coverage and support to the Bank and establishes the framework for identifying, assessing, controlling, measuring, monitoring and reporting compliance risks across the Bank.
The primary objective of GS Bank Compliance is the management of compliance risk by assisting Bank businesses in complying with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures. The objective is executed through a comprehensive program that includes policies and procedures, risk assessments, surveillance, monitoring and testing, training, and management reporting.
GS Bank Compliance works closely with the Business and Federation groups within the firm, in the development, maintenance, and enhancement of surveillance and monitoring controls.
GS Select is a business within the Bank that extends securities-based lines of credit (SBLOC) to affluent and high net worth clients of independent broker-dealers and Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs). GS Select will or may offer additional financial products, such as bank deposits.
The role of the GS Select Compliance Officer is to manage and promote a strong compliance program that ensures ongoing compliance with regulations and firm policies governing securities-based lending and other bank products.
The Compliance Officer will work closely with colleagues in the Global Compliance Department to execute the compliance risk management program as described below.
- Implement/manage controls to ensure compliance with federal regulations and state laws applicable to securities-based lending activity and bank deposits, including Regulation B, Regulation O, Regulation U, Regulation W, Information Privacy, and other relevant regulatory requirements
- Monitor pending federal and state legislation that is applicable to securities-based lending and other bank product offerings. Communicate status of relevant pending legislation and enacted legislation pertaining to business operations and coordinate the implementation of such legislation with operations, systems and support departments
- Maintain compliance-related policies and procedures
- Work with the business on complaint management, to ensure appropriate and timely customer response
- Provide technical regulatory advisory to business related to securities-based lending and other bank products
- Provide timely compliance advice to business on the applicability of regulations impacting transactions
- Conduct reviews of disclosure, marketing and presentation materials
- Conduct due diligence on external broker-dealers and RIAs
- Assess training needs, develop and conduct training on the applicability of compliance laws and regulations
- Track and monitor servicing vendor's compliance with regulations
- Complete special projects as requested by management
- Minimum - Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of prior experience in bank compliance, audit or other control function, or experience as a Bank regulator
- Strong knowledge of banking regulations related to lending and deposit products
- Proactive in identifying risks and proposing creative solutions
- Demonstrate ability to appropriately exercise judgment and decision-making in a collaborative consensus-driven environment
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work under tight deadlines
- Highly motivated, reliable, and accountability
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as an independent contributor
- Strong project management, analytical, and functional skills
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top