Compliance, GS Bank Private Lending Compliance Officer, Vice President
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
GLOBAL COMPLIANCEOur division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Proactive in identifying risks and proposing creative solutions
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work under tight deadlines
- Highly motivated, reliable, and accountability
- Good team player - one who is able to prioritize in a fast moving, constantly changing environment
- Ability to work with a range of senior managers, peers and junior colleagues and build smooth working relationships
- Strong project management, analytical, and functional skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment
- Minimum - Bachelor's Degree
- At least 8 years of prior experience in bank compliance, surveillance, audit or other control function
- Strong knowledge of mortgage banking regulations, and regulations impacting high net worth lending
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top