Compliance, GS Bank Compliance, VP
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Candidate will work as part of the GS Bank ("Bank") Compliance team with a primary focus on compliance matters related to the firm's Transaction Banking business that provide cash management and related services to corporate clients. The position requires bank regulatory expertise, compliance risk management experience and analytical skills to assist the business in complying with applicable regulations. The candidate will be involved with initiatives of varying complexity; work on multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail; and need to satisfy high priority and time-sensitive deliverables on a day-to-day basis. The candidate will be required to interact and manage work flow with the business, Legal, Operations and other interested parties.
The candidate's responsibilities:
- Provide regulatory expertise to the business and support areas
- Advise business on regulatory requirements including payment and liquidity risk considerations and FRB self-assessment net debit cap
- Review and approve marketing / advertising
- Execute Compliance Risk Assessments
- Prepare and conduct training
- Review escalations to Bank Compliance
- Draft and review of policies and procedures as well as Bank regulatory announcements and communications
- Cross-departmental project management and involvement
- Assist with regulatory and internal investigations and audits
- 5 to 7 years of experience in corporate cash management banking
- Regulatory background or strong knowledge of applicable regulations (e.g., Payments, Deposits, Credit)
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and relationship building abilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top