Compliance, GS Bank Compliance, Analyst
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
The candidate will be an integral member of the GS Bank Compliance team, working across a variety of compliance program elements and strategic initiatives. The candidate will assist more senior compliance personnel with a wide-range of tasks, including ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, exam coordination, due diligence considerations, control / technology builds and enhancements, and project implementation and management. The position requires analytical skills; the ability to work on multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail; and satisfying high priority and time-sensitive deliverables. The candidate will be required to interact and manage work flow involving both business and Federation groups.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Assist with data analysis and the development and preparation of presentations
- Help develop and implement training program, and track progress
- Support due diligence reviews of clients, transactions and vendors
- Source data necessary to facilitate responses to regulatory requests and internal investigations and audits
- Assist with the development and tracking of various strategic projects, working with multiple stakeholders
- Build strong working relationships with stakeholders within and outside division in order to meet priorities
- Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of the banking or financial services industry
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office tools: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and relationship-building abilities
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow through, holds task owners accountable and works effectively to deadlines
- Comfortable managing multiple stakeholders, driving consensus across many points of view and influencing outcomes
- Solutions and results oriented and the ability to balance multiple, time-sensitive projects while contributing to a longer term, strategic focus
- Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
- Analytical; capable of identifying and distilling relevant information quickly
- Works well under pressure, effectively prioritizes and is able to multi-task
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top