Compliance, GS Asset Management, Vice President
The mission of Global Compliance is to protect the firm’s reputation by partnering with the business to develop commercially viable solutions that are in accordance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations and reflect the highest ethical standards. GSAM’s Compliance group supports GSAM in the conduct of its asset management business. GSAM Compliance works closely with dedicated personnel from GSAM Legal to help interpret regulatory requirements, client guidelines, policies and restrictions. GSAM Compliance performs a wide variety of surveillances, including review of fair allocation and best execution among others.
The GSAM Compliance team seeks a Vice President to join the Equities team covering the Fundamental Equity, Quantitative Investment Strategies, and Goldman Sachs Investment Partners business units.
The role of this Compliance Officer is:
- to cover GSAM’s Fundamental Equity business, serving as a key liaison and advisor to the business on all Compliance matters
- to analyze regulations in the context of Fundamental Equity products and strategies and develop and implement controls designed to achieve adherence to the regulations
- to develop and maintain policies and procedures and train business personnel
- to conduct surveillances on portfolio management behavior, including with respect to conflicts of interest, market manipulation, and other risks
- to think forensically about the portfolio management team and to conduct in-depth reviews of areas of risk
- to test fair allocation of investment opportunities across strategies and portfolios
- to review marketing materials relating to the products and services offered by the business
From an advisory perspective, the officer will work closely with business partners and Compliance colleagues in connection with new offering compliance reviews, vetting of client guidelines, review and evaluation of new equity instruments and products, and the development of enhanced surveillance tools.
- Provide ongoing surveillance of asset management products, processes and procedures to help ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and applicable policies and procedures. Products include U.S. registered mutual funds, pooled vehicles, hedge funds, sub-advised products, separately managed accounts, and wrap accounts. The individual will analyze automated and ad-hoc reports to provide oversight of Portfolio Management activities
- Identify existing or potential side-by-side conflicts that may arise from the allocation of investment opportunities, work with the portfolio management groups to develop policies, procedures and disclosures to manage and mitigate these potential conflicts, and monitor adherence to the documented policies and procedures
- Conduct reviews of marketing materials to ensure conformance with US regulatory requirements as well as firm policies and procedures
- Analyze proposed regulatory rules and interpret existing rules/laws to enhance and update our existing policies and procedures
- Assist with regulatory examinations and internal audits
- Miscellaneous projects as needed
Preferred Qualifications• 6+ years of relevant work experience. Asset management compliance experience preferred.
- General compliance knowledge and familiarity with SEC regulations, Investment Advisers Act, Investment Company Act, ERISA and FINRA rules preferred.
- Knowledge of financial industry with a focus on equity and equity-linked markets and products.
- Risk and control focused individual with excellent judgment and strong analytical and risk assessment skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with management (concise verbal and written communication skills)
- Excellent interpersonal skills – team player, able to forge relationships, build consensus, and influence decisions
- Self-starter, works independently, and proactively follows-up. Strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines. Organized and attentive to detail.
- Experience working as part of a global team preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced degree in law or asset management preferred
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top