Compliance, Financial Crime Compliance, Regional Associate, Frankfurt
- Frankfurt, Germany
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our Compliance professionals the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside of the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Financial Crime Compliance Division is seeking an associate professional, with prior financial industry experience for our Frankfurt Office. The associate will support the MLRO and DMLRO on many aspects of the AML Program designed for the prevention of money laundering, terrorist financing and fraud. The associate will conduct and review enhanced due diligence on high-risk customer relationships to identify potential legal, financial crime or reputational risk. In addition, the associate will develop and advise on the firm's Client Identification Program, working closely with compliance, legal, operations, technology and business personnel. The ideal candidate would have strong analytical, communication and writing skills, the ability to collaborate with others, manage projects and processes, as well as prioritize and balance a heavy workload. In this role, the associate would be expected to quickly gain an understanding of the firm's businesses in conjunction with the rules and regulations under which the firm operates.
- Conduct controls on AML outsourced services
- Provide support for the Group-Wide governance meetings
- Conduct and review enhanced due diligence on high-risk customers to identify potential legal, regulatory or reputational risk
- Providing guidance and training to the client onboarding teams and/or the business on anti-money laundering related matters
- Conduct regular Inherent Risk Analysis, evaluate certain controls and other aspects for the AML Risk Assessment
- Development of policies and procedures and system enhancements to prevent money laundering, terrorist financing and fraud including those relating to new regulations
- Provide regulatory exam and audit support
- Provide support for required regulatory reporting
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- Prior investment banking/financial services industry experience and knowledge of securities industry and products
- Prior compliance experience and a technical understanding of German Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Regulations
- Ability to work both independently and in team-oriented workflows
- Ability to manage expectations of key stakeholders
- Strong analytical and risk assessment skills
- Excellent English and German written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work flows and ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to forge strong relationships with colleagues and clients
- Proactive, self-motivated, detail-oriented and well-organized
- Compliance or legal-related experience in financial services preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top