Compliance, Financial Crime Compliance KYC, Analyst/Associate, Warsaw
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Know Your Customer/Enhanced Due Diligence team within the Financial Crime Compliance Group is seeking an analyst/associate professional, ideally with prior brokerage and/or other financial industry experience. The analyst/associate will conduct enhanced due diligence on high-risk customer relationships to identify potential legal, financial crime or reputational risk. The analyst/associate will also support, develop and advise on the firm's Client Identification Program, working closely with compliance, legal, operations, technology and business personnel. The ideal candidate would have strong analytical, communication and writing skills, the ability to collaborate with others, manage projects and processes, as well as prioritize and balance a heavy workload. In this role, the analyst/associate would be expected to quickly gain an understanding of the firm's businesses in conjunction with the rules and regulations under which the firm operates.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Conduct enhanced due diligence on high-risk customers to identify potential legal, regulatory or reputational risk
- Provide guidance to the client onboarding teams and/or the business on anti-money laundering related matters
- Work on anti-money laundering related projects and develop and enhance compliance systems, policies and procedures
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- Prior investment banking/financial services industry experience and knowledge of securities industry and products
- Prior compliance or legal experience in financial services and a technical understanding of applicable AML and Sanctions regulations
- Experience of using data analytics tools and knowledge of structured query language required
- Ability to work both independently and in team-oriented workflows
- Ability to manage expectations of key stakeholders
- Strong analytical and risk assessment skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work flows and ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to forge strong relationships with colleagues and clients
- Proactive, self-motivated, detail-oriented and well-organized
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top