Compliance - Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) - Associate - Bengaluru
- Bangalore, India
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Financial Crime Compliance ("FCC") has primary responsibility for the execution of the firm's enterprise-wide Anti-Money Laundering ("AML"), anti-bribery, and government sanctions compliance programs and, among other things, performs enhanced due diligence and government sanctions screening, as well as surveillance and investigations designed to identify potential terrorist financing, money laundering, bribery, corruption, and market abuse, or other suspicious activity.
• Extensive knowledge of the consumer banking industry as it relates to BSA/AML KYC operations and regulations
• 0-4 years of prior KYC experience in the consumer banking industry
• Understanding of the opportunities and challenges in the digital finance sector, particularly as they relate to AML and Fraud
• Ability to work independently and yet still be team-oriented
• Strong analytical and risk assessment skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritize work flows and ensure deadlines are met
• Ability to forge strong relationships with colleagues and clients
• Proactive, self-motivated, detail-oriented and well-organized
• Prior experience with knowledge of the retail banking industry and products
• Experience with collaborating with co-workers located in different locations both domestically and internationally
• Experience of line management, including but not limited to performance reviews and day to day management of a team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top