Compliance, FCC, KYC Execution, Analyst
- Salt Lake City, UT
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Candidate will work as part of the GS Bank ("Bank") Consumer Financial Crime Compliance team with a primary focus on executing monitoring plans for detecting and assessing potential money laundering and fraud risk in consumer banking products. Candidate will use their skills, ideas, and leadership to assist management in identifying risk, assess existing processes, develop recommendations to mitigate risk, and monitor the implementation of management's control measures.
As a member of our Consumer Financial Crime Compliance team, you will be exposed! to new and emerging risk typologies, be positioned to learn about our firm and its many businesses and build your expertise in compliance, fraud and/or general risk management. Candidate will have the opportunity to assist in and share ideas to continue building a new Financial Crime Compliance program for consumer banking.
Consumer Financial Crime Compliance is responsible for identifying and addressing money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud and other financial crime risks related to the firm's consumer businesses, which include GS Bank's Marcus by Goldman Sachs online savings and lending platform, Honest Dollar's individual retirement accounts, the Apple Card, and United Capital's financial management accounts.
More specifically, with respect to GS Bank's consumer businesses, Consumer Financial Crime Compliance is responsible for:
- Anti-money laundering and government sanctions surveillances
- Enhanced due diligence for high-risk customer relationships
- Investigations of potentially suspicious activity and preparation of SARs
- Identify and conduct enhanced due diligence for high risk customers.
- Monitor watchlist screening and other alert volumes.
- Prepare and provide commentary on metrics and other key risk indicators.
- Communicate and collaborate with various stakeholders in Global Compliance, the consumer businesses, and legal.
- Apply knowledge of products, services and expected activity
- Provide training to new and existing employees
- Assist with projects related to strategic initiatives for execution functions and overall program management.
- Prior Anti-Money Laundering (AML) experience in consumer banking with extensive knowledge of financial markets and products
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong analytical and risk assessment skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to new changes and challenges
- Ability to prioritize work flows and ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to forge strong relationships with colleagues and
- Ability to work independently and yet still be team-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and well-organized.
- Prior SAR writing and/or enhanced due diligence experience a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top