Compliance, Fair Lending Compliance, Analyst/Associate
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
This position will play a key role on the Fair Lending Compliance Team which ensures that compliance risks are adequately identified, assessed, monitored, and controlled. Under the supervision of the Fair Lending Officer, the individual in this position will be expected to assist in the continued development the Bank Fair Lending Program, including:
- Performing statistical modeling, analysis, surveillance and other related tasks to support the Bank's Fair Lending Program
- Performing analytical/quantitative assessments to monitor fair lending risks associated with various aspects of credit product life cycle from acquisition to servicing
- Prepare fair lending analysis reporting
- Draft model documentation; partner with Model Risk to ensure adequacy of fair lending statistical models
- Perform research and development relating to fair lending risk monitoring
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Supporting audits, examinations and periodic reviews to assess levels of risk and regulatory compliance.
- Performing special projects, compile data and prepare reports for Fair Lending Officer and other personnel, as needed
- Undergraduate degree or above in a related field
- 2+ years applied statistical and analytical work or related graduate school experience
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating linear/logistic regression models
- Experience with Python programming and related statistical packages (e.g., StatsModels, Scikit-Learn, etc.)
- Experience with data processing in Python and related packages (e.g. Pandas, Numpy, etc.)
- Experience with Tableau
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written; ability to communicate technical matters in a non-technical way
- General knowledge of consumer banking laws and regulations
- Understanding of how consumer financial products (e.g., installment loans, mortgage, credit card) are underwritten is a plus but not required
- Experience with fair lending analysis
- Experience with big data / machine learning / geo-coding
- Prior work experience with a financial institution other consumer financial product company, a banking regulator (e.g., OCC, CFPB) or other related government regulatory or enforcement agency is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top