Compliance Engineering - Big Data, Platform, and UI/UX Engineers
Are you passionate about developing mission-critical, high quality software solutions, using cutting-edge technology, in a dynamic environment?
We are Compliance Engineering, a team of more than 300 engineers and scientists who work on the most complex, mission-critical problems.
- build and operate a suite of platforms and applications that prevent, detect, and mitigate regulatory and reputational risk across the firm.
- have access to the latest technology and to massive amounts of structured and unstructured data.
- leverage modern frameworks to build responsive and intuitive UX/UI and Big Data applications.
- incorporate cutting-edge AI for automation and efficiency.
Compliance Engineering is looking to fill multiple roles at the Analyst, Associate, and VP level, in three broad disciplines:
- Big Data / AI Engineers
- UI / UX Engineers
- Software Platform and Application Engineers
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
As a member of our team, you will:
- partner globally across multiple divisions and engineering teams to create end-to-end solutions,
- be able to innovate and incubate new ideas,
- learn from experts,
- have an opportunity to work on a broad range of problems, from monitoring suspicious transactions with AI, to scaling out graph and search platforms, to visualizing patters or behavior in investigative and workflow UIs,
- be responsible for designing, implementing, testing, deploying, and maintaining software systems across the full stack of our products.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
A successful candidate will possess 5 attributes:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar field of study.
- Expertise in any programming language.
- Proficiency in SQL and data manipulation.
- The ability (and tenacity) to clearly express ideas and arguments in meetings and on paper.
- Experience in at least one of the following:
- distributed systems,
- message buses or real time processing,
- platform engineering,
- large-scale system design, such as on Hadoop/Hbase,
- data mining or search,
- information retrieval,
- natural language processing,
- NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB,
- workflow design, such as with JBPM,
- UI development with AngularJS or React.
For candidates at the VP level, we will also expect demonstrable experience in end-to-end solutions, and a track record of influence with senior stakeholders. Knowledge of the financial industry and compliance or risk functions in particular would be welcome, but are not expectations.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top