Compliance Division, Compliance Testing Group, Analyst/ Associate
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is a self-starter who exudes energy, curiosity, and enthusiasm to join the firm's Compliance Testing Group to conduct forensic reviews covering the various firm businesses and divisions. In performing these reviews, the individual will use advanced testing techniques to check compliance with regulations and the firm's policies, procedures, and compliance control infrastructure. This individual should be comfortable handling multiple projects and having daily interactions with senior members of the businesses and other Federation Divisions, including, among others, portfolio managers, private wealth managers, traders, sales employees, investment bankers, research analysts, and technologists.
The Compliance Testing Group has a global reach. It is comprised of seasoned individuals with varying backgrounds and experience (including former traders, brokers, auditors, accountants, regulators, prosecutors, compliance professionals, lawyers, and product controllers), located in New York, Salt Lake City, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, and Bengaluru. The individual will work closely with Compliance and business management, and gain an excellent understanding of both the firm's businesses and the rules and regulations under which the firm operates.
- Propose methods of testing and execute plans discussed and agreed with a team leader
- Gather data, perform analyses, and document results
- Identify potential compliance, conduct and reputational risks, and effectively escalate to appropriate individuals
- Multi-task - have the ability to work on several different reviews with different individuals at the same time
- Leverage strong communication skills to interact with Compliance and business senior management
- Meet tight deadlines
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of financial products, markets, and laws and regulations such as, FINRA rules, SEC rules and the Investment Company Act of 1940
- Excellent interview, presentation, written communication, time management, and analytical skills
- Integrity, motivation, intellectual curiosity, and enthusiasm
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is a must, and knowledge of Access and PowerPoint is useful
- Compliance, auditing, testing, legal, or regulatory/law enforcement experience
- Experience in the financial services industry, either working for an investment manager, broker dealer, law firm, accounting firm, or regulator
- Understanding of accounting, information technology systems, and standard system implementation methodologies
- Fluency in French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, or Mandarin Chinese a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top