Compliance Division, Compliance Testing, Associate/Vice President, Singapore/Hong Kong
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is a self-starter, who exudes energy, curiosity, and enthusiasm to join the firm's Compliance Testing Group to conduct forensic reviews of the various Divisions within the firm. In performing these reviews, the individual will use advanced testing techniques to check compliance with regulations and the firm's policies, procedures and compliance control infrastructure. This individual should be comfortable handling multiple projects and having daily interactions with senior members of the businesses, including sales and trading employees, investment bankers, portfolio managers, merchant bankers, and technologists.
The principal objective of the Compliance Testing Group ("CTG") is to create and execute detailed testing to assess compliance with regulations and firm policies, working closely with Compliance and business management to refine firm processes. The team has global reach (with locations in New York, Salt Lake City, London, Tokyo, Singapore, Bengaluru, and Hong Kong) and is comprised of individuals with varying backgrounds and experience (former auditors, accountants, regulators, prosecutors, compliance professionals, lawyers and traders).
- Propose methods of testing and execute plans discussed and agreed with a team leader
- Gather data, perform analyses and document results
- Identify potential compliance and reputational risks, and effectively escalate to appropriate individuals
- Multi-task - have the ability to work on several different reviews with different individuals at the same time
- Leverage strong communication skills to interact with Compliance and business senior management
- Team with colleagues around the globe to share findings and refine processes
- Meet tight deadlines
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of financial products, markets and regulatory policies
- Knowledge of the securities business and sales practices
- Excellent interview, presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, analytical and communication skills
- Integrity, motivation, intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is a must and knowledge of Access and PowerPoint is useful.
- 5-7 years of experience in the financial services industry, either working for another broker dealer, law firm, Big 4 firm or regulator
- Auditing, testing, accounting, regulatory/law enforcement or trading experience
- Operational or Compliance experience of Regulatory Reporting and/ or Client Assets preferable
- Financial instruments product knowledge (a Financial Engineering qualification, CFA, PRMIA or FRM qualifications would be useful)
- Understanding of accounting, information technology systems and standard system implementation methodologies
- Ability to work independently and yet still be team-oriented
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, or Korean preferred as the candidate will be working with documentation in these languages
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top