Compliance, Digital Finance Consumer Privacy Office, Analyst - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
GLOBAL COMPLIANCEOur division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
Member of the Consumer Privacy Office, which is implementing a Consumer Privacy Program to manage consumer personal data across business units and around the world.
- Review and assess products, features and business activities against privacy requirements and standards
- Create, update and maintain data processing records and compliance assessments
- Incorporate privacy-by-design and privacy-by-default into business and technology
- Develop and deliver content for consumer privacy training program
- Develop, implement and execute privacy governance frameworks with key stakeholders, such as business, technology, legal and compliance
- Triage and analyze incidents and situations reported to the Consumer Privacy Office
- Implement and oversee effectiveness of privacy controls, privacy enhancing technologies, and privacy risk mitigants
- Review and as needed uplift existing policies and procedures regarding data privacy. Draft / review new policies, procedure, best practice documents, as needed
- Work with subject matter experts and key stakeholders across a number of fields including legal, compliance, technology, operational risk and revenue producing divisions
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in project management and familiarity with project management tools and technology
- Experience with privacy regulatory risk assessments, privacy impact assessments and developing data processing records
- Experience with U.S. federal, state, and international privacy laws and self-regulatory standards
- In-house experience in legal, compliance, technology, or risk management role a plus but not required
- Experience with financial services, e-commerce and digital marketing
- Engineering, computer science or technology degree is a plus
- CIPP (Certified Information Privacy Professional) accreditation a plus but not required
- Must be comfortable taking the initiative and working across multiple business lines and jurisdictions
- Effective communicator; experience preparing and conducting privacy training
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top