Compliance, Digital Finance Compliance, Online Deposits - Vice President
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
Are you passionate about consumer banking? We're looking for a compliance Vice President with prior banking, regulatory or law firm experience advising on product development matters to broaden our consumer lending/deposits compliance team. You would work closely with brand, acquisitions, product, delivery, and technology teams, and gain an understanding of both the Bank's consumer online deposits business and the rules and regulations under which the Bank operates.
Our consumer online deposits compliance team partners with all functional areas of the consumer deposits business to advise on business strategy, develop compliant processes within the business, implement compliance processes, systems, and digital tools for identifying, measuring, and mitigating risk and report on the status of such risk. From day one, you will be involved in a new business within the Firm.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Advise senior brand and acquisitions leadership in connection with campaign development.
- Review and make recommendations regarding compliance with consumer financial protection laws during all phases of the product lifecycle (acquisition, onboarding, and servicing) across channels
- Conduct analyses of data to identify risks and root causes for Senior Management and use data to deploy technology and guide the team to facilitate remediation activities
- Use learnings to develop new strategies, systems, and technologies for addressing risks relating to consumer business operations and approach
- Partner across the organization to drive the implementation of new process/strategic opportunities in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations and Bank lending/deposits policies and procedures.
- Assist the relationship with regulatory agencies, examiners, internal auditors and other company team members and assists with action plans created as a result of examinations, audits or internal testing.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Five to seven plus years of compliance, legal, marketing, operations, or servicing experience with a focus on consumer financial services
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent military experience
- Strong understanding of consumer or retail focused businesses
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be self-directed, organized, positive, driven, detail oriented, able to manage others, and effective in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ten plus years of experience in the financial services industry, five of which in regulatory compliance Experience in a consumer financial services environment
- Demonstrated, significant program management experience with proven ability to build rapport, garner respect and appropriately exercise judgment and decision making in a collaborative consensus-driven environment
- Proven leadership experience in a management role
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state consumer financial protection laws and regulations, including, among others, Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP), Truth in Savings Act (Reg DD), Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (Reg P), Expedited Funds Availability Act (Reg CC), Fair Credit Reporting Act (Reg V), and the Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Reg E)
- Excellent management skills and leadership qualities
- Proven ability to apply these requirements to consumer financial services marketing, origination and servicing practices and procedures
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top