Compliance, Digital Finance Compliance, Associate - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
Are you passionate about consumer lending and consumer banking? We are looking for a compliance analyst to join our consumer banking operations quality control and advisory team. You would serve as an analyst in our consumer lending compliance team using your skills, ideas and leadership to implement and refine the processes and systems around our quality control functions.
Our consumer lending compliance team partners with all functional areas of the consumer lending business to advise on business strategy, develop compliant processes within the business, implement compliance processes, systems, and digital tools for identifying, measuring, and mitigating risk and report on the status of such risk. From day one you will be involved in building a new business within the Firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Implement QC test plans for assessing operational, servicing, and collections risk
- Develop data analytics and reporting techniques for monitoring effectiveness of QC function
- Deploying technology to facilitate quality control reviews and remediation
- Provide and analyze trends and monthly control reports detailing risk-related process gaps
- Review advertisements, marketing materials, and other borrower communications for compliance with law
- Assist in the development and delivery of consumer compliance trainings
- Advise business operations on applicable compliance requirements
- Advise business operations on applicable policy and procedure adherence
- Assist with maintaining our relationship with regulatory agencies, examiners, internal auditors and other company team members and assists with action plans created as a result of examinations, audits or internal testing
- Review consumer complaints
- One year of compliance, operations, servicing, collections, and/or quality control experience (analyst)
- Three years of compliance, operations, servicing, collections, and/or quality control experience (senior analyst)
- Five years of compliance, operations, servicing, collections, and/or quality control experience (associate)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent military experience
- Must be self-directed, organized, positive, driven, detail oriented, and effective in a fast-paced changing environment
- Strong understanding of retail focused businesses
- Experience in a consumer lending environment
- Underwriting or auditing experience
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state consumer lending laws and regulations, including, among others, Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Reg B), Fair Credit Reporting Act (Reg V), and the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act.
- Proven ability to apply these requirements to consumer loan origination, servicing and collections practices and procedures
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top