Compliance, Core Compliance- Regulatory Change Management, Vice President
- New York, NY
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Core Compliance is a team within Global Compliance that is responsible for implementing and maintaining the firm's integrated regulatory compliance program, which includes regulatory change management, policies, training, issue escalation and risk assessments. We are at the forefront of ensuring our firm's compliance program is best in class, factoring in the latest regulatory guidance and industry standards. We are looking for a team member who can help drive our mission forward and collaborate across business units within Compliance, Compliance Engineering, and the firm. We are looking for someone who is equal part visionary and executor. At times, the role will require you to navigate and problem solve with multiple teams and stakeholders bearing in mind timelines and a senior audience.
- Lead strategy to enhance regulatory change management process for the firm
- Implement approach for developing regulatory obligations
- Partner closely with Compliance Technology to design and enhance systems
- Engage with vendors
- Liaise within Compliance and across Divisions to implement strategy
- Partner with the Compliance Risk Assessment and Policies teams
- Analyze and creatively present data for Senior Management presentations
- Respond to regulatory and internal reviews and audits
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience with regulatory change management
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in compliance or risk management in the financial services industry
- Strong project management skills
- Detail-oriented and able to produce quality work product, even when working under tight timeframes
- Comfortable being independent and a self-starter
- Ability to decipher and navigate ambiguous situations with the aim of developing solutions
- MS Office proficiency; advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise strong judgment and decision-making in a collaborative consensus-driven environment
- Strong project management skills
- Analytical; capable of identifying and distilling relevant information quickly.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top