Compliance - Control Room - Senior Analyst - Bengaluru
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Bengaluru Control Room is one of seven Goldman Sachs Control Rooms globally (including Jersey City, Salt Lake City, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Sydney). The Control Room is primarily responsible for preserving the integrity of the Firms information barriers by monitoring and controlling the flow of confidential information between the Firms advisory side businesses (e.g., Investment Banking and Merchant Banking) and public side businesses (e.g., Sales, Trading, Research, and Investment Management).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Interacting with the Investment Banking, Merchant Banking, Securities, and Asset Management Divisions in order to maintain the Firm's Confidential Lists
• Reviewing research published by the Global Investment Research Division to ensure compliance with certain legal and regulatory obligations
• Liaising with Legal and other areas of Compliance in order to monitor and/or restrict sales, trading and/or research activities pursuant to certain legal, regulatory and/or policy considerations
• Applying the Research Settlement rules to facilitate communications between Equity Research and Investment Banking personnel
• Working with the Conflicts & Business Selection Group to facilitate approval for certain Firm and client transactions and subsequent risk management activities
• College or law school graduate with compliance or legal-related experience in financial services preferred
• Possess a general understanding of the current regulatory environment and financial markets and/or securities regulation and rules
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive and willing to take on issues/responsibilities that require focus and determination
• Ability to work as a member of a team in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
• Detail-oriented with ability to multitask, organize and prioritize
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top