Compliance, Consumer, Deposit Product Compliance, Vice President
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The candidate will work as part of the Consumer Compliance team with a primary focus on compliance matters related to the Bank's online deposit business, including new deposit product development. Responsibilities of the role include supporting the development new deposit products by providing guidance to the business necessary for the establishment of required product functionality and operational procedures. The candidate will provide continued support for other deposit product compliance matters, which will include:
- Providing guidance and approval on new product and feature development
- Representing compliance in various business and control function meetings
- Analyzing regulatory changes and formulating solutions to new regulatory developments
- Determining compliance testing requirements and methods related to new and existing products
- Providing guidance and approval for compliance policies, procedures, training, and marketing materials
- Overseeing the resolution of identified issues as part of the issues management process
- Interacting with regulatory agencies, examiners, and internal auditors to navigate compliance related inquiries and assist with action plans created as a result of examinations, audits, or internal testing
The candidate will be expected to have a strong knowledge of federal and state consumer financial protection laws and regulations, particularly related to retail deposit products. Additionally, the candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to summarize observations and present in a clear, concise manner to peers and senior management
- Ability to quickly grasp complex concepts, including global business and regulatory matters
- Proven expertise in delivering high quality work products, reflecting attention to detail and analytical prowess, in a fast pace and agile work environment
- Experience organizing, planning, and executing on key initiatives that deliver creative solutions to business, compliance, and technology-related challenges and objectives
- Excellent team management skills and leadership qualities, with ability to resolve conflicting situations
- Minimum 8 years of experience in compliance or risk management in the financial services industry
- CRCM and other relevant professional certifications preferred
Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given all the tools to help you develop. At Goldman Sachs, you will have access to excellent training programs designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio. Our in-house training program, 'Goldman Sachs University' offers a comprehensive series of courses that you will have access to as your career progresses. Goldman Sachs University has an impressive catalogue of courses which span technical, business and leadership skills training.
We value internal mobility. The chance to take on new challenges in the firm over time will ensure that you remain stimulated and will help in your continued professional and personal development.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top