Compliance, Consumer Compliance, Privacy Office, Vice President
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
As a member of the Consumer Privacy Office supporting the firm's consumer digital banking team, your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and assessing products, features and business activities against privacy requirements and standards
- Creating, updating and maintaining data processing records and compliance assessments
- Incorporating privacy-by-design and privacy-by-default into business and technology
- Developing and delivering consumer privacy training
- Developing, implementing and executing privacy governance frameworks with key stakeholders, such as the business, Technology, Legal and Compliance
- Analyzing and triaging incidents and situations identified by or reported to the Consumer Privacy Office
- Implementing and overseeing the effectiveness of privacy controls, privacy enhancing technologies, and privacy risk mitigants
- Reviewing and as needed uplifting existing policies and procedures regarding data privacy. Drafting / reviewing new policies, procedures, and best practice documents
- Experience with privacy regulatory risk assessments, privacy impact assessments and developing data processing records
- Experience with U.S. federal, state, and international privacy laws and self-regulatory standards (e.g., GLBA, FCRA, RFPA, CAN-SPAM, State Data Breach Laws, NYDFS Cybersecurity Regulation, California Financial Privacy Act)
- Consumer banking industry and products experience (e.g., unsecured consumer lending, including revolvers, installment loans, and credit cards)
- Strong understanding of digital and retail focused businesses
- JD and/or engineering, computer science or technology degree is a plus
- Certified Information Privacy Professional accreditation is a plus
- Must be comfortable taking the initiative and working across multiple business lines and jurisdictions
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to deepen relationships and build partnerships across the business, Compliance, Technology, Legal and Risk
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top