Compliance, Consumer Compliance Marketing, Analyst/Associate
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Provide compliance advisory services for digital finance and other business initiatives. This includes coordinating with Senior Marketing Compliance to review and provide guidance regarding: consumer facing information and marketing materials, procedures, checklists, training materials and testing plans and controls established to mitigate compliance risks.
- Recommend necessary edits for all customer facing communications.
- Partner with technology teams on continued development of infrastructure for approval and archival of marketing communications.
- Assist with preparation of responses to regulatory requests and other exam deliverables.
- Assist with the development of a compliance monitoring and training plan.
- Demonstrate familiarity with channel specific acquisition strategies; including, but not limited to, direct mail, display, videos, email, podcast, sponsored content, paid search, aggregators and social media.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent military experience.
- Understanding of consumer financial products and services.
- Must be a team player. Strong interpersonal and communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Must be self-directed, organized, positive, driven, detail oriented, able to manage others, and effective in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Ability to build rapport, garner respect and appropriately exercise judgment and decision making in a collaborative consensus-driven environment.
- 1-2 years of legal, compliance or related experience in financial services industry or bank regulatory agency with knowledge of consumer banking regulations, digital banking services and the expectations of regulators for an effective compliance program.
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state consumer lending laws and regulations, including, among others, Unfair, Deceptive or Abuse Acts or Practices (UDAAP), Section 5(a) of the Federal Trade Commission Act - Unfair and Deceptive Acts and Practices (UDAP), Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z), Truth in Savings (Reg DD), Regulation P (Privacy), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Reg B).
- Bilingual (ability to speak Spanish).
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top