Compliance, Consumer Compliance, HMDA Associate
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary and Responsibilities
As a member of the Bank Compliance Team, your responsibilities will include:
- Validating mortgage loan data to source documents for accuracy and data integrity to ensure appropriate HMDA reporting
- Correcting errors found during data integrity review
- Performing analysis of HMDA data and loan file review to identify issues which may require further review and/or follow on action
- Assisting with preparation and maintenance of HMDA LAR
- Reviewing and developing procedures and monitoring processes to ensure compliance with existing regulations
- Making recommendations to enhance process and facilitate best practices for data integrity
- Creating monthly reports to track and measure compliance by division or business line, as applicable
- Assisting with preparation for regulatory examinations and internal audits
- Bachelor's degree and at least three years of experience in identifying HMDA eligibility, data collection and reporting
- Experience with HMDA Wiz or a comparable tool
- Experience with mortgage processing and related loan documentation
- Experience with fair lending related comparative file review
- Experience in financial services generally, and in particular with the following: Reg C/HMDA, TRID/RESPA, Reg B/ECOA and the Fair Housing Act
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively articulate HMDA data reporting issues and trends to management through generation of effective presentations and management reporting
- Strong project management and organizational skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top