Compliance, Consumer Compliance - Credit Cards Collection, Vice President
Are you passionate about digital consumer banking? We're looking for a Vice President to join our consumer banking compliance team covering credit card collections and other operations focused areas . You will focus on developing requirements and risk mitigation strategies, and assessing compliance performance for consumer credit cards.
Our consumer banking compliance team partners with all functional areas of the Digital Finance business to advise on business strategy, develop compliant processes within the business, implement compliance processes, systems, and digital tools for identifying, measuring, and mitigating risk and report on the status of such risk. You will be involved in building and managing this new business for the Firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
How will you fulfill your potential
- Advise cross-functional teams on requirements in connection with development of risk mitigation strategies related to consumer credit cards with emphasis on unsecured collections and credit reporting laws and regulatory expectations
- Assess and communicate impact of external enforcement actions and proposed laws and regulations impacting your areas of focus
- Support strategic adaptation of the Firm's compliance program for consumer banking operations, focusing on consumer facing processes.
- Develop data analytics and reporting techniques for monitoring effectiveness of compliance
- Deploy technology to facilitate monitoring and reporting of compliance risk
- Provide training on applicable compliance requirements
- Coordinate activities of cross-functional control function teams to address product-related risks (e.g., fair lending, privacy, complaint handling, BSA/AML, etc.)
- Present on compliance program to senior management, committees and regulators
- 10+ years of compliance, operations, or legal experience in financial services
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent military experience
- Subject Matter Expertise and practical experience in mitigating risk in areas including Consumer Collections, Credit Bureau Reporting and/or Credit Bureau Disputes
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state consumer lending laws and regulations as well as industry association standards, including, among others, the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Truth in Lending Act (Reg Z), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Reg B), Fair Credit Reporting Act (Reg V), UDAAP, Must be self-directed, organized, positive, driven, detail-oriented, and effective in a fast-paced, changing environment
- MBA or JD a plus
- Risk management experience in Compliance, Legal, Audit or related field
- Operational knowledge of consumer banking industry and products
- Strong understanding of digital and retail focused businesses
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to deepen relationships and build partnerships across the business and key functional support areas like Internal Audit, Legal, Technology, and Risk
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top