Compliance, Consumer Compliance, Credit Card - Business Development Program Management, Vice President
- Wilmington, DE
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you passionate about digital consumer banking? We're looking for a Vice President to join our consumer banking compliance team. You will focus on supporting the development and execution of new business opportunities for consumer credit cards. in addition, you will drive the enhancement, management and oversight of the compliance management system for consumer credit cards, including metrics, risk assessments, exams and reporting.
Our consumer banking compliance team partners with all functional areas of the Digital Finance business to advise on business strategy, develop compliant processes within the business, implement compliance processes, systems, and digital tools for identifying, measuring, and mitigating risk and report on the status of such risk. You will be involved in building and managing this new business for the Firm.
How will you fulfill your potential?
- Lead the compliance assessment, diligence and on-boarding of new or expanded business opportunities
- Drive strategic compliance risk mitigation efforts in the business
- Advise on compliance requirements in development of new and changed product, capabilities and services, including controls and monitoring
- Support strategic adaptation of the Firm's compliance program for consumer banking operations, focusing on consumer credit cards
- Develop data analytics and reporting techniques for monitoring effectiveness of compliance
- Assess and report on performance in mitigating consumer compliance risks related to consumer credit cards
- Coordinate activities of cross-functional control function teams to address product-related risks (e.g., fair lending, privacy, complaint handling, BSA/AML, etc.)
- support regulatory exam preparedness and management
- 10+ years of compliance, operational risk, audit or legal experience in financial services
- Project management and/or executive reporting experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent military experience
- Must be self-directed, organized, positive, driven, detail-oriented, and effective in a fast-paced, changing environment
- MBA or JD a plus
- Computer programming or data analytics
- Risk management experience in Compliance, Legal, Audit or related field
- Operational knowledge of consumer banking industry and products
- Strong understanding of digital and retail focused businesses
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to deepen relationships and build partnerships across the business and key functional support areas like Internal Audit, Legal, Technology, and Risk.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top