Compliance, Consumer Compliance, Associate
- New York, NY
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
This position will play a key role on the Consumer Compliance team, which identifies, assesses and mitigates risk as it relates to applicable U.S. federal and state consumer compliance and fair lending laws and regulations in connection with business transactions that Goldman Sachs is party to in any number of capacities. The Consumer Compliance team works closely with GS Legal, outside counsel, and other third-party advisors to review transactions across the Firm and assess consumer regulatory risks in connection with the specific counterparty and consumer-related products or services offered. In addition, Consumer Compliance assists and, in some cases, drives the key components of the deal process.
- Assist with asset and counterparty due diligence focused on U.S. federal and state consumer regulatory requirements
- Interact with client management teams as part of the due diligence process
- Analyze and form views on transactions and the associated consumer compliance and reputational risks for the purposes of various Firm committees
- Assist with the development and implementation of governance frameworks that are often transaction, jurisdiction and product specific
- Support the firm's risk governance framework as a representative of Consumer Compliance
- Provide ongoing support of transactions that require monitoring of consumer compliance
- Assist in the development of consumer compliance risk controls as the Firm further develops its lending capabilities and new products
- Monitor the regulatory landscape to anticipate and implement changes to our framework
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum - Bachelor's Degree (further qualifications preferred)
- General knowledge of U.S. federal and state consumer compliance and fair lending laws and regulations
- Understanding of how consumer financial products (e.g., installment loans, mortgage, credit card) are underwritten is a plus but not required
- At least 5 years of prior experience in compliance, legal, regulation or related business side experience
- Intellectual curiosity
- Understanding of Firm culture and sensitivities
- Ability to decipher and navigate ambiguous situations with the aim of developing solutions
- Proactive in identifying risks and proposing creative solutions
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work under tight deadlines
- Highly motivated, reliable, and accountability
- Good team player - one who is able to prioritize in a fast moving, constantly changing environment
- Ability to work with a range of senior managers, peers and junior colleagues and build smooth working relationships
- Strong project management, analytical, and functional skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top