Compliance, Consumer Banking, Marketing Compliance , VP, London / Milton Keynes
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Provide compliance advisory services for digital finance and other business initiatives. This includes coordinating with Senior Marketing Compliance to review, challenge and provide guidance regarding consumer facing information, financial promotions and marketing materials.
- Act as an effective challenger across the business from senior leadership to junior teams.
- Hands on approach, makes recommendations regarding necessary edits for all financial promotion communications and materials.
- Develop comprehensive policies, procedures, checklists, training materials, testing plans and controls for growing business.
- Advise and inform development of digital strategies.
- Partner with technology teams on continued development of infrastructure for approval and archival of financial promotions.
- Familiarity with channel specific acquisition strategies; including, but not limited to, direct mail, display, videos, email, podcast, sponsored content, paid search, aggregators and social media.
- Fundamental understanding of investment management and/or consumer financial products and services.
- Willingness to adapt to needs of a growing business and learn on the job.
- Must be a team player. Strong interpersonal and communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Must be self-directed, able to prioritize, organized, positive, driven, detail oriented, able to manage others, and effective in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Ability to build rapport, garner respect and appropriately exercise judgment and decision making in a collaborative consensus-driven environment.
- Comfortable taking initiative and ability to work across multiple business lines and jurisdictions.
- Experience with Financial Conduct Authority a plus.
- BA or equivalent degree.
- 5+ years of legal, compliance or related experience in consumer financial services industry or bank regulatory agency with knowledge of consumer banking regulations, digital banking services and the expectations of regulators for an effective compliance program.
- Quick learner who can adapt to evolving business and regulatory needs.
- Excellent writing and organizational skills.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top