Compliance, Compliance Testing Group, Volcker Testing Team (Trading and Covered Funds) - Associate/Vice President
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
The Compliance Testing Group's Volcker Testing Team focuses on assessing Goldman Sachs compliance with the Volcker Rule and related firm policies. The Volcker Rule is a critical component of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and generally prohibits banking entities from engaging in short-term proprietary trading of securities, derivatives, commodity futures, and options on these instruments for their own account, or owning, sponsoring, or having certain relationships with hedge funds or private equity funds, referred to as 'covered funds.' This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to perform in-depth testing of this newly implemented regulation at a leading global financial services firm. The individual will gain subject matter expertise through direct coaching, hands-on experience, and opportunities for learning offered through internal and external training courses. The individual will be responsible covering various aspects of the firm's Volcker controls, such as trading and non-trading mandate compliance, and will have regular interaction with traders, senior business managers, risk management personnel, and finance, technology, and operations stakeholders throughout the firm to discuss risks and controls around trading and investment activities. We are looking for individuals that exude energy, curiosity, creativity, and enthusiasm. Individuals with experience in Sarbanes-Oxley testing, product control, or market risk management will be a particularly good fit for this role.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Propose methods of testing and execute plans discussed and agreed with a team leader
- Gather data, perform analyses and document results
- Identify potential compliance and reputational risks, and effectively escalate to appropriate individuals
- Meet tight deadlines
- Multi-task: have the ability to work on several different reviews with different individuals at the same time
- Leverage strong communication skills to interact with Compliance and business senior management
- Team with colleagues around the globe to share findings and refine processes
- Bachelor's Degree
- Auditing/testing experience covering Sarbanes-Oxley, operations processing, and product accounting controls in the financial services industry
- Knowledge of financial products, markets, and regulatory policies
- Knowledge of the securities business and sales practices
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management, analytical, and presentation skills
- Integrity, motivation, intellectual curiosity, and enthusiasm
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is a must and knowledge of Access and PowerPoint is useful
- Regulatory/law enforcement or auditing/testing experience
- Sales or trading experience, as well as other experience in the financial services industry, e.g., working for another broker dealer, law firm, or big 4 firm
- Financial instruments product knowledge, e.g., a financial engineering qualification, CFA, PRMIA, or FRM qualifications
- Understanding of information technology systems and standard system implementation methodologies
- Fluency in French, Spanish, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, or Mandarin
- Understanding of accounting
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top