Compliance, Compliance Testing Group, Investment Banking and Private Wealth Management Forensic Testing Team, Associate/VP- SLC/ NY
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
GLOBAL COMPLIANCEOur division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is a self-starter who exudes energy, curiosity, and enthusiasm to join the firm's Compliance Testing Group to conduct forensic reviews of the Investment Banking and Private Wealth Management Divisions. In performing these reviews, the individual will use advanced testing techniques to check compliance with regulations and the firm's policies, procedures and compliance control infrastructure. This individual should be comfortable handling multiple projects and having daily interactions with senior members of the businesses, including investment bankers, sales and trading employees, private wealth managers, and technologists. CTG's Investment Banking and Private Wealth Management Forensic Testing Team has a global reach and is comprised of seasoned individuals with varying backgrounds and experience (including former traders, brokers, auditors, accountants, regulators, prosecutors, compliance professionals, lawyers, and product controllers), located in New York, Salt Lake City, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, and Bengaluru. The individual will work closely with Compliance and business management, and gain an excellent understanding of both the firm's businesses and the rules and regulations under which the firm operates.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Propose methods of testing and execute plans discussed and agreed with a team leader
- Gather data, perform analyses, and document results
- Identify potential compliance, conduct and reputational risks, and effectively escalate to appropriate individuals
- Multi-task; have the ability to work on several different reviews with different individuals at the same time
- Leverage strong communication skills to interact with Compliance and business senior management
- Team with colleagues around the globe to share findings and refine processes
- Meet tight deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of financial products, markets, and regulatory policies
- Knowledge of the investment banking business
- Knowledge of the investment management business
- Excellent interview, presentation, and written communication skills
- Integrity, motivation, intellectual curiosity, and enthusiasm
- Excellent time management and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is a must, and knowledge of Access and Power Point is useful
- Compliance, auditing, testing, legal, regulatory/law enforcement, investment management or investment banking
- Experience in the financial services industry, either working for another investment manager, broker dealer, law firm, accounting firm, or regulator
- Understanding of information technology systems and standard system implementation methodologies a plus
- Fluency in English language, both orally and in writing
- Fluency in French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, or Mandarin Chinese a plus
- Understanding of accounting, or a law degree
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top