Compliance, Cash Equities Electronic Trading Compliance Officer, Vice President
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
The Strats Compliance team at Goldman Sachs covers all asset classes across Equities and FICC to:
- Provide advice to the traders and engineering teams with regards to the applicable rules and regulations
- Provide subject matter expertise on implementation of software controls in algo trading as it relates to risk management and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements
- Review and improve electronic trading control and governance frameworks
- Serve as central point to coordinate electronic trading control framework discussions across sales/trading, strats, technology, legal, compliance and operational risk teams
- Perform critical assessment and monitoring of algo trading and software development as it relates to market access and market manipulation
This is Compliance Officer role within the Strats Compliance team to cover Cash Equities Electronic Trading businesses. A successful individual will bring deep expertise of the rules and regulations related to the U.S. Cash Equities markets, including FINRA, SEC, NYSE rules and market access regulations. The candidate must demonstrate ability to effectively review and analyze complex situations and apply judgment to resolve issues in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
Responsibilities include working with the trading, legal, and engineering groups across the Securities Division trading organization to provide Compliance support for Cash Equities Electronic Trading businesses.
- Provide compliance advice to business personnel with regards to the rules, regulations and internal policies that govern Cash Equities businesses
- Work with Trading and engineering teams to review risks associated with algo trading and advise on appropriate controls to implement rules and regulations
- Actively monitor regulatory developments and trends, and assist with the interpretation and implementation of new rules/regulations
- Coordinate, recommend, and execute plans to fulfill regulatory obligations, such as 15c3-5 certification, and promote best practices
- Coordinate responses to regulatory enquiries
- Develop and update policies and procedures applicable to the Cash Equities businesses
- Help develop and deliver training as part of ongoing Compliance training program
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- An undergraduate degree is required
- Minimum five to seven years of Cash Equities compliance or legal experience
- Knowledge of broker-dealer regulatory compliance including FINRA, NYSE and SEC regulations
- Ability to understand risks and controls in Cash Equities electronic trading space
- Knowledge of equities products and trade flows
- Ability to work independently and apply judgment to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work well under the pressures of a trading environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top