Compliance, Bank Holding Company Compliance, Vice President- New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
Regulatory Practice Group (RPG) Compliance is responsible for overseeing enterprise wide compliance risk management pertaining to Bank Holding Company Act regulations and programs such as policy and committee governance, regulatory change management, regulatory examination management, Volcker Rule and supervisory compliance, management reporting and quality assurance.
As a contributor to the Banking Regulatory Interactions team in RPG Compliance, the role will involve the management of certain complex firmwide BHC Compliance programs, primarily focused on regulatory examination management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to quickly grasp complex concepts, including global business and regulatory matters
- Demonstrated, significant program management experience with proven ability to build rapport, garner respect and appropriately exercise judgement and decisioning in a collaborative consensus-driven environment
- Proven expertise in delivering high quality work products, reflecting attention to detail and analytical prowess
- Past experience building and maintaining key relationships , establishing and fostering a culture of stakeholder engagement and leveraging strong communications skills to interact across departments and functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent management skills and leadership qualities
- Professional maturity and confidence in expressing a point of view with senior management
- Minimum 5 years of experience, preferably in the financial services industry
- Prior management consulting background a plus
- Prior regulatory experience beneficial
- Organize, plan and execute on key milestones that deliver creative solutions to business, compliance and regulatory-related challenges
- Proactively contribute to strategy across multiple RPG Compliance programs
- Partner with the RPG Compliance Technology team in support of infrastructure builds and strategic compliance/ business solutions
- Build and manage relationships with key contacts and senior managers across Compliance and other divisions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
©The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top