Compliance, AML Risk Management and Control, Analyst/Associate
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
Financial Crime Compliance
Financial Crime Compliance ("FCC") coordinates Goldman Sachs' enterprise-wide anti-money laundering (AML), economic sanctions, e-communications and anti-bribery compliance efforts. FCC consists of the global Anti-Money Laundering-Suspicious Activities Group, the Anti-Bribery Group, the Government Sanctions Group, the Electronic Communications Surveillance Group and Forensics Group. The combined FCC team, which is composed of professionals with extensive law enforcement, regulatory, legal, compliance, forensic consulting, operations and business experience, administers an array of surveillances, due diligence, investigative expertise and other control processes designed to identify potential money laundering, terrorist financing, bribery, securities fraud and other violations of law. The Forensics Group is the central investigation unit of FCC and coordinates with others across the firm to identify and mitigate areas of risk.
FCC is seeking an Analyst / Associate for a compliance role with experience in the development, implementation and monitoring of surveillance scenarios designed to identify potential money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud, insider trading, certain forms of market manipulation and other forms of misconduct. The Analyst / Associate will be responsible for helping to manage and develop compliance projects and initiatives and will be responsible for performing data analysis, liaising with compliance and business groups to determine system and surveillance requirements, and drafting technology specifications. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, the ability to collaborate with others, the ability to manage projects and processes, and the ability to multi-task. In this role, the Analyst / Associate will work closely with compliance, operations, technology and business personnel, and would be expected to quickly gain an understanding of the firm's business lines and the rules and regulations under which the firm operates.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Supporting compliance personnel in capturing, analyzing, and documenting requirements and process flows, including drafting specification and business requirement documents
- Assisting in the development and implementation of surveillances, including transactional monitoring and detection scenarios and other FCC applications
- Maintain standards for rule tuning, BTL (Below the Line) testing, ABL (Above the Line) testing
- Support ongoing optimization to the effectiveness of all in scope BAU transaction monitoring systems, scenarios and rules
- Developing and proposing recommendations to address identified issues/risks as well as areas and processes requiring optimization and improvement
- Understanding trends in underlying data and advise on modeling methodologies to detect potential suspicious activity
- Defining and tracking project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Working with cross-divisional partners, including technology, operations and business personnel through all aspects of strategic and tactical builds of critical compliance program elements
- Ensuring the completion of project documentation to meet regulatory/issue requirements
- The role requires a degree (Bachelors/Masters/JD)
- Preferably at least 3 years working experience in an analytical or technical role in a Financial Crime unit
- Experience with handling large data sets; familiarity with data cleansing methodologies, and data transfer processes
- Proficiency with Excel and Access
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to adapt in a fast-paced work environment; strong sense of urgency
- Ability to prioritize work flows and ensure deadlines are met
- Strong work ethic
- Understanding of AML and terrorist financing trends and typologies
- Programming skills (Alteryx, Matlab, R, Python, etc.)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top