Compensation Accounting Engineering - Senior Software Engineer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Controllers - Compensation Accounting
Compensation Accounting's mission is to ensure that the firm meets the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. It is responsible for the payment of all salaries, bonus, and other types of remuneration paid to employee of the firm globally; reporting of wages information and processing tax payments to US and international tax authorities. It is also responsible for the global financial accounting and reporting of all types of compensation (cash bonus, employee stock and option awards) that need to conform to all accounting requirements, such as US GAAP and IFRS. Specifically, we are responsible for allocation of compensation expense to cost centers and generating disclosures for regulatory reporting.
The Compensation Accounting Engineering team uses a combination of computer science, finance and math skills to build robust, innovative, scalable solutions along with Compensation Accounting controllers. Some of the complexities and challenges this group face include handling extremely sensitive data and functionality, accommodating regional regulation while offering global platform and workflow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Meet with the business users to elicit/understand software requirements, assess feasibility of proposed changes, and compile measures/deliverables
- Analyze, design, develop, test, and support enterprise applications and batch software solutions
- Understand business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
- Participate in technical specifications, high level/detailed design, test and implementation plans
- Conduct data analysis to meet compliance/ audit requirements or validate data quality and system behavior
- Support users in resolving issues by troubleshooting, providing workarounds, or escalating to technology management
- Provide technical and functional guidance and leadership to junior members on a need basis
- Bachelors/Masters degree (US or foreign equivalent) in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math field (Computer Science preferred)
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Critical thinking skills to break down complex issues and identify potential solutions
- Energetic and self-motivated, ability to work in high paced environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
- Ability to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions for the business
- Can manage multiple tasks and use judgment to prioritize and escalate to influence objectives
- Java and/or other OO languages
- Strong relational database skills
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Web development (HTML5, Angular JS, React/Redux, JSON), RESTful service development
- Scripting languages & shell scripting
- Experience with at least one code repository such as SVN
- Hands-on experience of test driven development
- Automated testing & tools (JUnit, JMeter, Cucumber, etc.)
- Continuous builds & associated tooling (Maven, Gradle)
- Experience with BPMN modeling and Workflow solutions would be a plus
- Experience with ORM tools like Hibernate, MyBatis
- Experience with Automation Testing tools like Selenium, Cucumber, DB Unit
- Exposure to the basics of Finance
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top