Commodities Operations Business Facilitation and Initiatives Associate / VP - London
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are looking for a professional and dynamic individual with a strong interest in Commodities - both Physical & Derivatives. The ideal candidate would be able to operate effectively in a challenging and fast-paced environment, partner with the Business and other core support areas in order to meet industry/regulatory demands and/or facilitate new business growth with a key focus on risk, control and efficiency.
The Commodities Business Development team is responsible for managing and coordinating the delivery of key initiatives in support of the Commodities Business. This includes onboarding and facilitation of financing or structured physical transactions (e.g. Supply & Offtake transactions, physical intermediation deals, complex Storage agreements) delivering on key industry or Regulatory change initiatives e.g. Brexit, MiFID II, SFTR; and other initiatives related to Infrastructure uplift, Capital Optimization and Operational efficiency. This requires the ability to partner and manage relationships across Sales & Trading, Technology, Legal, Compliance and numerous other support groups in order to facilitate new business or deliver key change initiatives.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Serve as key Operations point of contact for the co-ordination and execution of new structured financing deals, change or infrastructure uplift projects across Trading, Sales, Technology, Legal and other key stakeholders
- Business Analysis on Operational & Technical support requirements
- Compile, track and communicate progress against key milestones, issues and risks
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify operational support requirements and functions
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Candidates are not required to have experience in all these respects however they should demonstrate a strong interest and aptitude to developing such knowledge and skills further.
- Experience coordinating and executing large scale transactions
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial deal terms, Framework Agreements
- Knowledge/Interest in Physical Commodities (e.g. Metals, Oil, Coal, Gas/Power/LNG), Scheduling, Financing, Settlement Models
- Technical & Analytical Focus with attention to detail
- Proactive, self-starting individual with high levels of ownership
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Drive Process Improvement and Efficiency
- Excel Skills preferred but not essential
- Strong understanding/interest in Commodities, Derivatives and Clearing
- Communication & Presentation skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top