Commodities Operations Analyst - London
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are looking for a professional and dynamic individual with a strong interest in Commodities. The ideal candidate would be able to excel in a high-profile and fast paced team whose primary responsibilities include partnering with the Commodities sales and trading desks to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the derivative and physical trading risks undertaken by such businesses, as well as driving and implementing change to ensure we are optimally managing and monitoring risks, in an increasingly demanding and complex regulatory environment.
The Commodities Sales and Trading Services team is responsible for the operational support of the commodities business. Our team works very closely with our sales and trading teams to facilitate all aspects of the operational risk and control framework. In addition to working with sales and trading, the teams interact with other internal teams that include product control, strategists, technology, compliance and legal.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Develop a deep knowledge of commodities and structured derivative transactions
- Find and resolve booking discrepancies across complex derivative businesses
- Engage with front office and operations technology to help facilitate the resolution of technical production issues
- Manage, monitor and investigate reporting breaks and process failures; identify and implement corrective actions
- Develop and implement strategic changes to re-engineer processes and reduce risk
- Be a key player in projects specific to technology infrastructure changes and regulatory guidelines across multiple jurisdictions
- Ensure that processes are continually reviewed and improved, risk is managed, and results are achieved that meet expectations for timeliness, quality and cost effectiveness within the department
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 2:1 or equivalent
- Proficient with Microsoft applications
- Ability to demonstrate strong technical skills and keen attention to detail
- Team player with a collaborative style and strong interpersonal skills
- Effectively handle difficult requests, build long-term relationships with the business and be able to manage expectations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to be clear and concise
- Self-starter who thinks ahead, anticipates questions, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives
- Able to successfully multi-task, work towards extremely challenging goals and persist in the face of obstacles
- Able to adapt to changes and new challenges
- Strong analytical skills and organizational skills
- Critical thinking, ability to suggest improvements and identify risks
- Service orientation, sense of urgency, ability to manage internal clients' expectations and professionalism
- Any prior experience of Middle Office, Settlements, Documentation, or Commodities more broadly a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top