Commercial Banking Engineering - Application Developer - Associate
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Consumer and Commercial Banking Division (CCBD) brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their financial goals. We make direct investments in and manage risk for a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. We help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital. Commercial Banking Commercial Banking, a business unit within CCBD, aims to provide comprehensive cash management solutions for corporations. CCBD Commercial Banking combines the strength and heritage of a 148-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up.
Our goal is to provide the best client experience. Through the use of modern technologies centered on data and analytics, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to improve cash flow management efficiency.
The Role: As part of our global team you will be responsible for the specification, development, testing, delivery and support of our application. Our flat structure requires and enables team members to evolve through the entire spectrum of the software lifecycle. You will interact with our users to ensure that we produce the best possible product. You will also interact with product owners, site reliability engineers and platform teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You are energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
- You are passionate about technology and engineering
- Ability to establish trusted partnerships with peers, product heads, and executive level stakeholders
- You have exceptional analytical skills and are able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
- You are able to leverage technology to deliver business value
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You are a team player
- You possess a strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team
- You are independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environment
- Manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
- Collaborate with globally-located cross functional team in building customer-centric products
- Analyze existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement and provide deadline estimates for implementing new features
- Update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices and software runbooks
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- 3+ years of experience writing software in a professional environment using a modern programming language (preferably Java/Scala)
- Experience leveraging test driven development technics
- 2+ years working with NoSQL and relational databases
- Experience building transactional systems and strong understanding of software architecture
- Comfort with Agile operating models
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Experience with Java, Kafka, MongoDB
- Experience with AWS
- Experience in Financial Services or Fintech
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top