Collections Manager, Analyst
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
CONSUMER AND COMMERCIAL BANKING
In Goldman Sachs Bank USA, we offer a wide range of solutions to help our customers meet their financial goals. Our teams seek to provide the highest level of customer service and support in everything we do. The Bank offers high yield savings accounts and a variety of loan products to individuals and private bank, corporate and community clients. Our savings products include an online savings account and certificates of deposit in a variety of terms.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Digital Finance is composed of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses which include the online consumer lending business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, the firm's first-ever direct-to-consumer platform built from the ground up, and the online consumer deposits business, GS Bank. These businesses offer personal loans and savings products to customers throughout the United States. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 147-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up to help our customers achieve financial progress through customizable solutions that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity.
YOUR IMPACT Are you interested in operations and leadership? Are you passionate about providing solutions to customer needs and working with multiple teams to provide exceptional customer service? We're looking for a professional to join our operations team who wants to use their skills to lead and motivate a team of specialists to provide the best customer experience possible. OUR IMPACT Our team of critical thinkers partners with groups in all areas of the firm to lead teams, manage processes and improve digital tools. Our group also provides critical operations and user experience design to ensure business flows smoothly when customers come to us. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation and risk management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Learn and master the day-to-day responsibilities of the loan collections team.
- Lead, manage and supervise the day-to-day operations of a team of up to 5 collections specialists.
- Serve as a SME, teacher and coach for sound loan collection practices with a focus on regulatory compliance.
- Manage, develop and motivate specialists through effective performance management and guidance.
- Be visible and accessible to the team to motivate, answer specialist questions and monitor productivity.
- Review and approve schedules and analyze coverage to ensure scheduling meets business needs.
- Conduct live or recorded phone monitors/account audits to evaluate specialists on quality of customer service provided, effectiveness of collection efforts and compliance with company policies and regulation.
- Identify processes and controls improvement by leveraging constant evolving tools that can be used to build scalability without introducing new risks.
- 2-3 years of service or collections management experience in a call center environment.
- Strong understanding of customer service experience.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop direct reports.
- Strong understanding of the collections functions with a bias for regulatory compliance under FDCPA and TCPA.
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience.
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent military experience
- Five years of customer service experience
- Experience in a consumer lending environment
- Experience managing in a multi-site contact center
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top