Collections Leader, VP
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
CONSUMER AND COMMERCIAL BANKING
In Goldman Sachs Bank USA, we offer a wide range of solutions to help our customers meet their financial goals. Our teams seek to provide the highest level of customer service and support in everything we do. The Bank offers high yield savings accounts and a variety of loan products to individuals and private bank, corporate and community clients. Our savings products include an online savings account and certificates of deposit in a variety of terms.
Digital Finance is composed of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses which include the online consumer lending business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, the firm's first-ever direct-to-consumer platform built from the ground up, and the online consumer deposits business, GS Bank. These businesses offer personal loans and savings products to customers throughout the United States. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 147-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up to help our customers achieve financial progress through customizable solutions that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity.
YOUR IMPACT Are you passionate about operations, leadership, and using digital tools to provide solutions to consumers? We're looking for a professional to lead our consumer collections operations team who wants to use their skills and ideas to create and then lead new processes and a new team. OUR IMPACT Our team of critical thinkers partners with groups in all areas of the firm to lead teams, manage processes, and improve digital tools. Our division also provides critical operations and user experience design to ensure business flows smoothly when customers come to us. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation, and risk management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Manage/monitor debt recovery of collections department with a high degree of autonomy
- Drive productivity, train and direct work of the collections team members; manage staffing to include hiring process
- Analyze reports and performance for effectiveness of department and drive appropriate action to management, including budgetary compliance
- Maintain monthly metrics goals, e.g., roll rate and write-offs
- Evaluate procedures, ensure compliance with internal procedures as well as FDCPA, drive process improvement, and recommend appropriate changes
- Communicate with senior management regarding all aspects of assigned projects; identify and report operational issues
- Sound knowledge of collections regulations and procedures
- Recommend guidelines for payment arrangements and approve any changes to these guidelines
- Direct and document skip-tracing procedures
- Resolve client/customer complaints; review and update correspondence to customers on an ongoing basis
- Drive process design for collections, recoveries, bankruptcy processing and all specialty loss mitigation functions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent military experience with 12+ years customer service or sales experience, 6+ years experience in collections and/or recoveries
- Proven interpersonal skills with a high level of energy/high sense of urgency
- Strong commitment to providing excellent service to customers
- Communicate information and ideas clearly, accurately, and on a professional level to management, customers and account services department employees – both in written and verbal format
- Results oriented, organized, highly motivated and detail oriented
- Exercises sound judgment at all times
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top