Cloud Tooling & Runtime Engineer - CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs Engineering
Consumer and Commercial Banking (CCBD)
Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital.
Digital Finance, a business unit within CCBD, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include the Marcus deposits and lending businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 149-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Goldman Sachs' Digital Finance team is bringing together a group of highly skilled technology engineers with a strong desire to change the industry.
• DevOps principles and utilizing advanced cloud capabilities are fundamental to our strategy of market agility and lean operating principles with a strict focus on quality that meets the demands of digital customers.
• We are seeking highly collaborative, creative and intellectually curious Cloud Engineers who are passionate about forming and implementing cutting-edge cloud computing capabilities.
• As a member of the Marcus Cloud team you will champion the advancement of cloud adoption, develop and deploy our cloud architecture and be a leading voice of cloud strategy.
• Lead the cultural changes necessary for cloud adoption and migration
• Develop, coordinate and communicate the cloud architecture, migration and adoption across our digital products
• Automate the provisioning of environments using Ansible, Puppet and other tools
• Design and develop high-quality automation workflows in the cloud platform
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present, persuade and influence peers, vendors and executives
• Experience migrating platforms to cloud based offerings, such as Amazon's AWS
• Energetic, self-directed and self-motivated
• Able to build and sustain long-term relationships across a multitude of stakeholders in a fast paced, multi-directional work environment
• Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to apply expertise to drive complex, technical and highly commercial solutions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Extensive experience with AWS and AWS native toolsets such as AWS Cloud Formation, AWS EC2, S3, VPCs, Kinesis, Dynamo, SQS, SNS, SWF etc.
• Extensive experience with automation and configuration management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Vault, Nomad, Jenkins or similar
• Strong knowledge with Web Services, API Gateways and application integration development and design
• Strong background in Linux
• Strong background in scripting and automation in languages such as Python and Ruby
• Strong background in cloud operations instrumentation and monitoring of distributed architectures using AppDynamics, Splunk, Nagios or similar
• Strong background with source control management systems (GIT or Subversion); Build Systems (Maven, Gradle), Code Quality (Sonar), Artifact Repository Manager(Maven), Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
• Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
• Knowledge of containerization
• Knowledge of agile software development practices and release management
• Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or higher, and/or equivalent experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top