Cloud Infrastructure - Developer
Technology Infrastructure is at the leading edge of technology, enabling innovation internally as we influence financial industry standards and wider tech industry products. Our commercial approach sets the direction for our software defined infrastructure platforms and solutions driving business for Goldman Sachs.
Focus on developing an integrated approach for the firmwide cloud infrastructure. This includes capability build-out, provisioning, and adoption of an integrated experience across all compute platforms within GS as well as enabling innovative commercial opportunities through public cloud access and Cloud Platforms client APIs.
Engineer and maintain specialized computing platforms for electronic trading applications leveraging and enhancing the standard firm platforms to provide integrated solutions to enable the business at scale. Functional responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Low Latency Infrastructure Engineering & Integration (Compute/OS/Networks/high speed interconnects/co-los/PTP/MD etc.)
- Innovate and experiment with new hardware & OS configurations in LAB w/business partners
- Cloud products Engineering, management and Integration (srp/perimeter computing)
- Tuning and performance optimizing high touch production environments on a continuous basis
- Authoring config recipes for automation and model driven deployments including reverse engineering CFE configs
- Client Onboarding and product adoption
- Level 3 Escalation & differentiated ops (ETP compute functions)
- Analyst developer for the reconciliation platform
- Developer responsible for requirements gathering, analysis, design and development of funding systems
- Direct interaction with end users of the technology solution provided
- Responsible for L3 production support of global users
- A variety of technologies will be used (standard and proprietary)
Basic Qualifications•Server side java, .Net, Database
- Strong programming experience in more than one procedural/object oriented languages (Java, C++, Perl, Shell)
- Strong analytical and communication skill
- Self starter
- Knowledge of Unix, SQL and RDBMS (preferably Sybase)
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top